Making a Mexican-inspired meal healthy and light! For this recipe I used one large chicken breast from the “Jalapeño Chicken Breast” recipe previously posted. This cut the cooking time and made for a marinated chicken appeal. These burritos are perfect for lunch or dinner!
I was able to do plenty with the large left-over chicken breasts from that recipe. This is one of the remixes. Another was a high protein-low fat chicken and egg white scramble. That one will rock your socks off, too!
Here is my original recipe and instructions. Remember to use organic, natural and whole grain ingredients to keep the recipe clean and healthy.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 2 servings.
1 Large Chicken Breast with Rib Meat, pre-cooked from the Jalapeño Chicken Breast recipe
Pickled Jalapeño slices, pre-cooked from the Jalapeño Chicken Breast recipe
1/2 cup Neufchâtel sauce, pre-cooked from the Jalapeño Chicken Breast recipe
2 Jennie O’ Turkey Bacon strips, lean, crispy-cooked and drained.
2 Multi Grain Burrito Tortillas
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
1/2 cup Fresh and ripe tomato, diced
2 tbsp Cilantro, Fresh and snipped
2 tbsp Breakstone’s Reduced Fat Sour Cream
1. Reheat the already cooked Jalapeño Chicken Breast with Jalapeño slices. Set Jalapeño slices aside. Keep warm.
2. Heat non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil cooking spray. Crisp up the 2 turkey bacon slices. Remove, drain and set aside. Wipe down skillet for the next step.
3. Place the first of the two tortillas on the skillet.
4. On a cutting board with two forks, pull apart and finely shred the chicken breast.
5. Place half of the shredded chicken breast on to the center of the tortilla on the skillet and spoon 1/3 cup of the cream cheese sauce over the shredded chicken. Top with the jalapeño slices and one of the cooked turkey bacon slices over the mixture on the tortilla.
6. Close the tortilla to form a burrito and flip to heat and seal the seams for one minute. Plate the burrito and serve with diced fresh tomatoes, snipped cilantro and sour cream.
One serving is one burrito. For an extra kick and additional points/calories, you may choose to add 1 oz of reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese from Sargento. Check back for WeWa points shortly. I did this for my hubby’s burrito and he enjoyed it all the more. Serve with hot sauce and you’re ready to go!
Enjoy & Salud!